Lucky me, I've been tagged again. Lewis tagged me for a meme called "8 Random Things About Me." It's a good way for us to get to know each other a little better.
So, in no particular order, here we go...
1. I was a ham radio operator when I was in my teens and through college. I still remember Morse Code. My call letters were WB2GLC.
2. When I was in college, I hosted a twice-weekly jazz show on the school's FM station. For a semester, my co-host once a week was Wes Craven, the horror flick director. At the time, he taught humanities at my school -- Clarkson College.
3. One summer while in college, I worked as a doorman and elevator operator in Manhattan. It was a manual elevator, with two speeds up and 2 down. Among people I took in my elevator were gossip columnist Earl Wilson, Peter Tork of The Monkees, actress Arlene Dahl, and comedian Jackie Leonard.
4. I had coffee with popcorn king Orville Redenbacher years ago. I was in the green room of Live with Regis & Kathie Lee, hand-holding my client who was also appearing on the show that day -- Chef Rene, the head chef of McDonald's. (Yes, McDonald's actually had a French head chef.)
5. My daughter Jennifer is a midwife in Brunswick, Maine. She's on hiatus now, raising our 20-month old grandson Jack, but when she's birthing babies, she does home births. Pretty awesome.
6. My son Michael is a film director, living (where else?) in Hollywood, right down the block from the Kodak Center and Grauman's Chinese Theater. He's directed music videos for groups including "The 88" and "Brazilian Girls."
7. In addition to my public relations business, which I founded in 1990, I co-own a boutique music publishing company representing, among others, rockers Edwin McCain and Marshall Crenshaw, Letterman Show drummer Anton Fig, and Keith Reid, the writing member of Procol Harum.
8. I've worn pantyhose. Back in the late '70s when client L'eggs Pantyhose introduced Sheer Energy, a mild support hose, I tried them so I'd know firsthand how they felt, in order to better explain to editors how they felt. (It was not a pretty sight.)
Now, the part I hate -- tagging others. If you haven't already been tagged for this, we'd like to hear from:
* C. B. Whittemore (Flooring the Consumer)
* Steve Woodruff (Sticky Figure)
* Drew McLellan (Drew's Marketing Minute)
* Luc Debaisieux (Mindblob)
Tell us more about yourselves, please.